Offener Brief an die Delegierten der COP 25 in Madrid
Open Letter for Future to COP 25
Dear UN-Secretary General, Antònio Guterres, dear Delegates of all nations, all people, all nature and entire earth. Dear Delegates of mankind and planet.
Dear governmental, industrial and financial Lobbyists of international fossil, chemical, mining, military, automotive and agro industry.
Dear cultural, economic and juristical global Establishment as well as Fridays for Future.
We all know that this is the very last UN-Conference of the Parties with the chance to successfully save our planet and to save mankind from global extinction by the just starting climate catastrophe.
We all know that only the most ambitious fulfilling of the Paris Agreement by all governments, industies and finance
– by massively reducing fossil and beef GHG-emissions , keeping CO₂-sinks like rainforests, saving the soils, nature and biodiversity, quickly decarbonizing global economy and changing to renewable energy and fossil free public transport –
will keep the global warming on the level of 1,5°C and so stop the climate catastrophe, the destruction of global life fundaments and extinction of mankind.
And we all have experienced that all our begging for climate action to governments, industry and finance has been mostly in vain.
If we don’t find out the reason and if we don’t fight this reason at once with full power, our planet will very soon heat up to 3, 6 and much more degrees and so every single person of mankind will starve to death, die by overheating, commit family suicide, commit terroristic acts, start wars or/and be slaughtered within an increadible apocalypse - without any survivors.
The reason for willingly not acting or not acting most ambitiously will be the same reason as for willingly acting against the Paris Agreement.
So we may find the reason, if we look at the main findings of the new and first
„The Production Gap 2019 Report“ of UNEP:
„Governments are planning to produce about 50% more fossil fuels by 2030 than would be consistent with a 2°C pathway and 120% more than would be consistent with a 1,5°C pathway.“
„The continued expansion of fossil fuel production – and widening of the global production gap – is underpinned by a combination of ambitious national plans, governmental subsidies to producers, and other forms of public finance.“
„This hinders the collective ability of countries to meet global climate goals, and it further widens not just the production gap, but the emmissions gap as well.“
„Several governments have already adopted policies to restrict fossil fuel production, providing momentum and important lessons for broader adoption.“
„International cooperation plays a central role in winding down fossil fuel production.“ https://www.unenvironment.org/resources/report/production-gap-report-2019
So most governments still are - forced or willingly - collaborating with fossil industry to pay them subsidies for fossil fuel production and even to give governmental allowance to massively expand the fossil fuel production.
The support of massive expansions of fossil fuel (beef, car, deforestation) industry is done as well by EU-governmental radical neoliberal free trade agreements like CETA, JEFTA, EUSFTA, EU-MERCOSUR.
These trade agreements as well allow industry to „press and sue“ nations to avoid climate protective measures. But as the Paris Agreement has the highest degree of international law (ius cogens), all minor and opposing trade agreements (and Art. XX GATT) have to be judged invalid (Art. 53 VCLT).
As a result even the most ambitious official nationally determinded contributions (NDCs) – and as well the planned agreement of an international CO₂ emission price – will be neutralized by the inofficial governmental and financial support of massive expansions of fossil fuel (and other) industry for short-term huge neoliberal profits and for long-term and meanwhile soon extinction of mankind!
This massive acting against the Paris Agreement will cause the extinction of mankind.
So this is nothing less than committing global „genocide“ according to Art. 6 (c) Rome Statute and „crime against humanity“ according to Art. 7 I (b) Rome Statute.
As bitter but crucial, existential and global economic consequences
the Delegates of the COP 25 should
1. stop begging governments, industry and finance to start serious climate action but
2. start pointing out the most serious impact of international criminal law of genocide by not fulfilling the Paris Agreement and
3. start official investigations against these governments, heads of fossil industry (and others)
4. call the International Criminal Court (ICC) for immediate action against global genocide
5. call all governments, industry and finance to stop supporting and funding fossil fuel, fossil cars, beef, soy, agro, agro chemical and deforestation industry
6. officially declare the Paris Agreement a new „ius cogens“and
7. ban all Paris Agreement blockading EU- and WTO-trade agreements
8. call all governments, industry and finance to start most ambitious climate action to fulfill the Paris Agreement to save mankind
9. declare the change of global economy system from most destructive neoliberal economy not to a „European Fake Green Deal“ but to a most constructive and climate protective „New Planetary Deal“
Karlsruhe, Germany, 3.12.2019
„People‘s Movement for New Planetary Deal“
V.i.S.d.P.: Gisela Toussaint, Geigersbergstr. 31, 76227 Karlsruhe, Germany, www.vrany.de